Friday, November 2, 2007

Tears

Yesterday we received a new medical report and pictures of Tabitha. Normally I am elated to receive pictures of our precious little girl, but yesterday I cried. These were not tears of joy, they were tears of worry. You see the medical report stated that she had had poor weight gain. She also has a productive cough and it is obvious that her little nose is plugged and she can't breath through it because her little mouth is open. Thankfully, the pediatrician is going to prescribe something to thin her mucus and it does say that she is healthy. She only gained 5 ounces since her last medical report. She now weighs 14 lb, 12 ounces. She is 9 months, 24 days old! She weighed 14 lb, 7 ounces when she was 7 months, 25 days old! I know that her having a cold could be a reason for poor weight gain, but she is so tiny! I want to so badly just run to Guatemala so that I can take care of her. I've always been a "fixer", I think that's why I became a nurse, so I could "fix" people. I just worry about our baby girl. She's so far away and I can't just go and "fix" her. It is really out of my control, just like everything else throughout this entire adoption process has been. God please watch over her, heal her, enable her to grow and gain weight, keep her safe. I pray that pink is going to come soon!

2 comments:

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

Becky-
I know how hard it is to see your little one not feeling well, all you want to do is hop on the next plane to Guatemala and hold her and love her and make her all better. I pray that you soon will be doing just that... Prayers for a quick BC and PINK !
Tabitha is absolutley adorable, even with a stuffy nose... her hair is just the cutest and her bow is too precious. Hold on baby girl... your mommy is coming!
God Bless-
Julie

Sharon and Olivia Grace said...

Poor little sweetie!!! I know you just want to be there with her and take care of her and very soon you will. PINK is on it's way and it won't be long before she is in your arms.

Sharon