

I cannot believe that this day has finally come! We are finally in Guatemala to bring our Tabitha home. The foster mother arrived promptly at 5pm as did Stephany. We had met Stephany on our visit trip. She is a nice young lady, a cousin I believe to the fascilitator of our case. She currently is attending the university to become an attorney. She had told us back in May what was going to happen with the adoption scene here in Guatemala. At the time we considered it purely speculation, but what she said has been pretty accurate. We did receive good news yesterday, Tabitha had her 2nd DNA test done! Hopefully the test will get to North Carolina within a couple of days! It usually takes about 8 days to get the results back. The 2nd DNA results is what the US Embassy needs to issue pink. However, we learned that the Embassy is booked solid and they are now issuing appointments for the week after Thanksgiving! Hopefully though, because we are already here, they will have "no shows" and we can get an earlier appointment! We came prepared to stay for awhile and understand that this can be very unpredictable. Please pray that we get an earlier appointment from the Embassy! I'm going to e-mail our Senator and see if he can help in this matter.
Tabitha is a beautiful petite girl. She will be 10 months old on Thursday, but she is only the size of about a 6 month old American baby. Her foster mom seems to have taken good care of her, Tabitha was pretty attached to her. Although Tabitha didn't cry initially, she did spend quite a bit of yesterday evening crying off and on. She would look at me, get that pouty lip and begin to wail! Not how I pictured the first evening with my daughter! I do understand though that she will be grieving for her foster mother. It will take a little time, but I do believe that she will be fine.
I think I may have figured out why she is so tiny. She only eats 2 meals a day, and then only gets about 6 ounces of formula at night. Her foster mom said that Tabitha usually eats cereal and fruit at breakfast, chicken and vegetables at lunch time. When we asked how much formula she drank, she told Stephany that she takes about 5 or 6 bottles a day and the most that she usually drinks is 6 ounces! The most that I've been able to get her to drink is 4 ounces. She is not a big eater--not typical of a Taylor!
According to the foster mother, she does not like to go to bed and fights sleep. I have to agree with that statement! She wants us to hold her continuously and screamed every time that we put her down into the crib. Finally, Tim and I were to tired. I put her in the crib, of course she was trying to stand up and persisted in screaming. I patted her back and she did go to sleep after about 5 minutes.....and she's still asleep. I'm up early because I have not adjusted to the time change and well, I'm still nervous. I think that I might be hungry too! I'll try to post some pictures later today since I know that is what all of you really want to see.
Tips for the best relationships
2 years ago







1 comments:
Oh Becky... I have chills and I'm crying such happy tears of joy. I am so happy to hear that you arrived safely and that Tabitha is now in your arms forever ! I continue to pray that God heals her hurting heart and she finds comfort with her new mommy and daddy, who love her so very much. I will also pray that your DNA is processed quickly and back at the USE in no time... and I pray without ceasing you are able to move up your Embassy Day and are home forever very soon ! Can't wait to see pictures... sending you lots of hugs !
God Bless-
Julie
Post a Comment