Friday, November 16, 2007

Moving along

We received an e-mail from Pat at labcorp today. Tabitha's DNA came in today. She said that she would e-mail us when it was finished and give it a tracking number so that we know when it arrives at the Embassy. We found out yesterday that the Embassy in Guatemala will no longer issue hard copy pink slips. They will be notifying the adoptive parents via e-mail of their "pink" and their Embassy date. My guess is that a lot of parents have complained that they did not receive adequate notification (time wise) of their pink status and have had to ask for their Embassy appointment dates to be changed so that they could arrange for travel. The parents in turn then have to notify their representatives/facilitators when they receive "pink". Somehow, I don't see parents delaying in the notification of the facilitators. I think this system will be much more time effective. I've often wondered why they didn't e-mail the parents since that is the way that they notify of PA. SO, our case is moving along!

3 comments:

Sharon and Olivia Grace said...

I hope you are issued PINK very soon!! It didn't take us long after our DNA was received at the Embassy.
We will probably see you next week. We are arriving on Thanksgiving Day!!

Sharon

jobravo said...

Tim and Becky
Happy to see you are with Tabitha forever! Enjoy this special time with her!
Jolene

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

Yipee... this is such wonderful news ! I pray you are seeing PINK this week...
God Bless-
Julie