Sunday, September 30, 2007

When You Have To Wait

I have been whining and have had a bad attitude way too much. Today at church the sermon was about Genesis 15:6, actually it was about a lot of the scripture found in Genesis chapter 15.

"After this, the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision: 'Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward." But Abram said, 'O Sovereign LORD, what can you give me since I remain childless and the one who will inherit my estate is Eliezer of Damascus?'" Genesis 15:1-2

God had promised Abram many descendants---Abram was 75 when God made that promise. Abram was 100 years old when Isaac was finally born. That means that Abram and Sarai waited 25 years for God to fulfill His promise. I don't think that we are going to have to wait 25 years for Tabitha to come home. The point is that God does keep his promises. I just need to release it into God's hand and let Him do it in His way and His time. His answer will be worth the wait.

Too often I find myself wanting to be like Sarai and take matters into my own hands---remember she had Abram to sleep with her maidservant and then Ishmael was born as a result of that....not really a good result. No one liked Ishmael and he liked no one.
"Help me Lord, to trust in Your promise and not try to make things happen my own way."

We can do nothing without God and nothing is too large for God to accomplish. I have decided to stop whining about being stuck in PGN and about not hearing anything about our case. I am not going to try to get things done in my way---whining, complaining, pushing---I am giving it all to God. He will do it in His time. So we wait. I know that NOTHING is impossible for God!

1 comments:

Kelly said...

How true..NOTHING is IMPOSSIBLE with GOD. Praying for you Becky as you continue to wait upon the LORD for him to bring Miss. Tabitha FOREVER home in his PERFECT timing.
God Bless,
Kelly