Tuesday, September 4, 2007

No Habla Espanol....

Today it was tough going back to work after being off for three days. Fortunately, it was a good day at work. I finished seeing patients (I'm a home health nurse) and was able to finish up paper work at home. We received our DVD from the agency from when Sue, the director was in Guatemala seeing the babies. I sure wish that I was fluent in Spanish! Sue talks to the foster mom the whole time that they are taping and taking pictures. She is good to translate important details, but me being very nosey would like to understand ALL of the conversation. She did translate that Tabitha indeed does have one tooth, she now weighs 14lbs 5oz, she sleeps in a crib all night awakening at 5am. She is eating cereal at breakfast, baby food at noon time and is taking 6 oz in a bottle. She is a somewhat shy baby around strangers but smiles alot at home around the foster family. She does not like to stand and put much weight on her little legs, but she is rolling around in the crib. She looked so cute in the video, but she would not smile much at all for them. She wanted to look around at everything else. Getting the DVD was great, but I am now all the more wanting to get out of PGN and get her home! This is week 8 of PGN....please dear Lord get us out!

2 comments:

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

I know how getting those pictures and video is bittersweet. You are so thrilled to see your daughter but so sad that she is not at home with you, where she belongs. I can't believe you have been in PGN for 8 weeks already... I pray this is your week and you soon receive that precious call...
God Bless~
Julie

Kelly said...

I am SO happy to see that you received the video and glad to hear that Miss. Tabitha is doing well. Praying that this is your week to get that WONDERFUL out call.
God Bless,
Kelly