Still no news about the adoption. We've been in PGN for 11 weeks with no previos as far as we know. Our agency's director is currently out of the country so there is no one at the moment to check with our lawyer to see if we are really still in PGN with no previo, or what. She returns home October 1st. So, if nothing happens before then, our case manager said that she would ask the director to check into whether or not we are still in PGN. At this point, I would just like to know what is going on. I'll be very sad if we've had a previo (it would have been on the Guatemalan side because the agency does get notified if it is something we have to fix)....we have had notifications of that. As I was saying, we'd be very sad that it has occurred, but at least we would know why we are in PGN so long. We just want to get our baby home---especially with the posting by the DOS about Guatemalan adoptions and their future. It is still unclear as to what it going to happen with the future of adoptions from Guatemala.
As upset as I am about all of this, I do realize that God is control. Our little girl will come home, when He is ready for her to come home. I have complete faith in Him that He is taking care of this.
I now ask for your prayers, not for us but for our church's Children's Minister. She is my age, a single mom who adopted a little girl from China. She is the one who made me realize that I was not too old to become a Mom. You see, when my husband and I first talking about adoption, I was hesitant. I'm not your typical first time adoption type. I am well into my 40's. I had always thought of myself as "too old". Our Children's Minister made me see how selfish that really was. No, she didn't come out and say, "you're being selfish", I just realized it after talking to her. I was being selfish by now allowing myself to be open to the idea of adoption. I was not listening to what God was trying to tell me. My husband had heard Him, but I just was not listening. I'm so glad that God put this woman, our Children's Minister into our lives! I probably wouldn't be in the midst of and adoption had it now been for her. On to why I request prayer---this lovely lady had had cancer several years ago, had been cancer free before she adopted her little girl--but had a reoccurance of her cancer last year requiring surgery and chemotherapy. Her latest PET scan now shows a new lesion on her liver. She is going for an ablation tomorrow. Please pray for her and her family.
Tips for the best relationships
1 year ago







3 comments:
Praying for you and your daughter. Hoping Sue will have news for you when she gets back, or maybe you'll get the OUT call even before then!
Blessings,
Amy
Becky~
I know that you are struggling with this wait and all that you seek are some answers. I pray that those come when Sue returns and that you will be able to face the days ahead with much more peace. I am so sorry to hear of your children's pastor. Please know that I am keeping her and her family held high in prayer during this difficult time.
God Bless~
Julie
Becky and Tim,
We are keeping you guys in our daily prayers.Praying we all get out of PGN soon!
Scott Webster
Post a Comment