Friday, September 14, 2007

To be more like Job....

Today has been a bit of a down day for me. I really was hoping by today that we would have gotten our "out" call. This week I guess isn't the week for us. I have a tendency to get the "woe is me" attitude when things don't go as I have expected them to. I picked up my Bible this morning to read and what book does it open to? Job....oh how that man suffered.
God's power and ways are immeasurable, far beyond our comprehension; something that we won't fully comprehend this side of heaven.
After reading Job, I understand that God is trying to refine me, burn off my impurities. Impatience, quick to anger, and worrying are and have been for a long time some of my lesser qualities. Perhaps I am being made to wait so that I may draw closer to God, put my COMPLETE faith and trust in Him....after all, He is in control of the situation. You know in spite of all that Job went through, he never doubted God's unlimited power. Job said that God's power terrified him (23:15-16) He said, when referring to God's ability to calm a storm, "These are but the outer fringe of His works" (26:14)---oh to be more like Job!
Dear Lord, forgive me for my whining, you have a reason for our wait. I must place my trust in you and let you pick the time for our little girl to come home. Thank you for the path that you have chosen for me and thank you for your refining power and love. Amen.

2 comments:

Carr Family said...

Praying you find peace as you continue to wait. One of my favorite verses right now is...Habakkuk 2:3 -- "But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed."

Trusting God will fulfill the vision for bringing your little one home. May you get your "out" soon!

Blessings,
Amy
Samantha's "waiting" mommy!

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

Becky-
I read this post yesterday, but didnt comment as I struggled with what to say. I know that you are hurting right now, and for that I am sorry. God does have a perfect plan, and I know many days we wonderf what it is. I pray that he soon reveals it to you, that he gives you peace as you wait, and that your little girl is home very soon.
God Bless~
Julie