Saturday, April 5, 2008

Sick again!

Well, Tabitha is sick again! I don't think that I had posted that a few weeks ago we spent a Saturday in the ER with Tabitha. She had had a fever of 104 and the nurse on call for the pediatrician said that Tabitha should probably be seen by a Dr. After 9 hours of waiting, they finally said it was her ears. They gave us a prescription for an antibiotic and we FINALLY got to go home.

Yesterday I got a call from the daycare that Tabitha was running a fever, please come pick her up. I promptly called the pediatrician and they got us right in. The pediatrician said that Tabitha had the beginnings of another ear infection and gave us a prescription for a different antibiotic than last time since she had had that antibiotic twice and had yet another ear infection.

Poor baby, today her temperature again went up to 104! This time at least we didn't have to sit in an ER for 9 hours! I guess that it's good that I was a pediatrics nurse for 16 years so this stuff doesn't really phase me. Sometimes Tim fusses at me and tells me to stop treating her like one of my patients. Let me tell you, I make myself go into that mode, otherwise, I'd be one panicky mom! You see, if I go into that mode I know that Tabitha will be well hydrated, and checked on frequently so hopefully nothing major will happen. I can still be a mom who cuddles, cleans up poo and puke and isn't hysterical while it's happening. It's not a bad combo as far as I'm concerned---mom and nurse.

2 comments:

Sharon and Olivia Grace said...

I hope Tabitha feels better soon!!!

I am happy that the illnesses from daycare are all hitting me instead of Olivia. It's not fun being sick back to back but I would rather have me sick than Olivia.

Sharon

Gail said...

I hope Tabitha is well soon. I think it is great that you are able to stay calm.
Gail