It's Favorite Foto Friday time. This week we are honoring mothers in recognition of Mother's Day on Sunday. Is it me, or does Mother's Day seem earlier this year?
I think of this poem that I read many times growing up, but never fully understood it until I became a mother.
Mother
M. is for the many times you held me.
O is for the open mind you have
T is for the many things you taught me
H is for your heart of gold you have
E is for everything you do fo me
R is for the relationship we have
Put them all together and it spells mother the dearest name to me.
This picture is from May 2007, not on Mother's Day, but very near Mother's Day. We had gone to Guatemala to visit/meet Tabitha. Looking at this photo brings back a flood of memories. I can remember sitting in the restuarant and tears running down my face. I was completely, totally in love with this precious little baby who was asleep on my chest! I could have stayed in that moment forever! I still love it when she hugs me and puts her head on my chest!

Of course, I want to honor my mother as well; this is a picture of my mother holding me. She says I was about 2 months old in this picture---boy is that picture old!

And Mom now....

My Mom and my daughter
Hope you have a great weekend. Check out Hannah's blog and see what other's have to say about Mothers! Click on the badge above and it will get you there!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!







4 comments:
Great post! Love the pics!
So sweet! Love that picture of you holding Tabitha! I remember feeling overwhelmed by the love I had for Crista the first time I held her. It was all-consuming. I don't think we'll ever take our little ones for granted because of the journey we went to get them!
What a beautiful pic in Guatemala. I love that looking at a photo can bring back such wonderful memories.
Have a great mother's day!!
What a sweet post. I love the pictures. So sweet to see you and Tabitha and then you and your mom.
Have a great Mothers Day!
Post a Comment