Thursday, November 13, 2008

One year ago today.....Happy Gotcha Day!

One year ago today I started my day off by getting on a plane to Guatemala. Our wait was finally coming to an end. We were uncertain about how long we would end up spending in Guatemala, acting on faith we were on our way to be with you forever! The wait sometimes seemed endless, but it was all in God's perfect plan. I remember getting the last medical report November 1, 2007 and being so worried. In the report, it commented that Tabitha had not had good weight gain. In fact she had only gained 7 ounces from September to November. I so wanted to jump on a plane that day and go be with her. My case manager and agency director encouraged me not to do that, to wait at least until we had a new birth certificate and passport. So we did, and when we finally got that news, we were estactic. We found airfare, hotel accommadations and picked a date for travel. I'm not exactly sure how we decided upon November 13th, but that is the day we chose. And as God would have it, that is the day that Tabitha went for her 2nd DNA test---yes, God had a plan.
Your foster mother was very prompt bringing you to the hotel. You were so brave, but your little bottom lip quivered just a bit when she handed you to me. You tried so hard not to cry, but you did just a little. I remember this day like it was yesterday. We love you, Tabitha! Happy Gotcha Day!



Arriving with foster mom


Fighting off tears


And now....smiley girl!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Gotcha day Anniversary!