Thursday, November 27, 2008

FFF "Thankfulness"

This week's theme for Favorite Friday Foto is suppose to be about thankfulness. (I'm publishing this a day early since it's Thanksgiving Day.) If you'd like to read and see more about thankfulness, check out Sara's blog. I put some thought into this week's theme. So often I find myself taking things for granted, I get so wrapped up in my life that I don't verbalize very often about the things that I am truly thankful for.

My husband, without him and his love or his true acceptance of me and all of my faults, I wouldn't be sitting here typing on this blog. We wouldn't have our little Tabitha. He had wanted to adopt for quite awhile, but I was scared. Scared I would be told no we couldn't adopt, scared we wouldn't be able to afford it, scared I was too old to raise a child. He was patient, understanding and turned it over to God. It wasn't immediate, it took awhile before I heard God talking to my heart, but Tim was there the whole time trusting God.

My mother, without her love and support (both emotionally and at times monetarily) I wouldn't have my beautiful little Guatemalan princess. You see, Mom helped us with coming up with the money to pay for the adoption.

Speaking of that little Guatemalan princess, I am SO thankful that we have her, she has brought much joy in our lives! I am truly thankful that she is at home here in the USA for the Thanksgiving holiday. Last Thanksgiving I spent the better part of the day sicker than I care to remember---we were in Guatemala and we ALL had what I believe was rotovirus---the worse case of stomach flu you could ever want---not!

I'm thankful for having a job even when it drives me crazy!

I'm thankful for a little sense of humor, it helps keep life more enjoyable.

Most of all I am thankful I was brought up in a Christian home, taught about Jesus, and accepted him as my personal saviour.
I leave you with a few images:













(not our dog and cat, just a cute picture!)***my sense of humor!

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Violet said...

The dog/at picture was so funny!

The little pink and black dress Tabitha is wearing is so cute. I found one at a 2nd hand store (practically news!) and I got one for my niece. It's so cute!

Anonymous said...

what great people you have in your life!

Hugs,Leslie

Robyn said...

What a beautiful post!!

Hannah said...

Love the dog/cat picture...too funny.

What a great post. You sound like you have very special people in your life. I am sure they believe you are special too!

PS. Love the Indiana shirt. We are hoosiers, part UofL and Part IU!

Stacey and Dewey said...

So many things to be thankful for!! Isnt it amazing the wonderful blessings in our lives?
Have a great week!!
Stacey