OK let me start this post by first saying this isn't one of those fluff kind of posts that say, oh the baby is so happy, well adjusted, it's as if she's been part of the family for years....As you all know, we've (Tabitha and I) have been through our ups and downs. When she was first home, I felt as if I had the "post adoption blues" and now I realize it was part of the attachment process and it wasn't all my fault. Tabitha is displaying some of the symptoms of what I feel is attachment disorder syndrome. I've been reading A LOT of things about this as of late, and have been reading stuff at a link that I discovered on one of the forum groups that I read. They had a list of "symptoms" that Ms. Tabitha unfortunately has. My dear husband and my mother think I just read too much on the internet. Life with Tabitha hasn't been all warm fuzzies and gee we all live happily ever afters, life has it's ups and downs.
The truth of it is that I realize that I'm not such a bad mother after all. To listen to Tabitha sometimes at our house, you'd think that I was the wicked witch from the North, South, East and West!
I guess what really made me look long and hard at this stuff again is how Tabitha is reacting to the "promotion" at her daycare center. She needed to graduate I realize that because she was starting to bite the kids in her old room... biting peers is one of the symptoms that the site does list as possibilities. Tabitha hasn't done well with this change though. I don't think that she likes the teacher here. Actually she's not my favorite teacher either, she somewhat implied that Tabitha had developmental delays....that's a completely different story for a different post some time. Tabitha has shown some signs though of bonding to me, she cries when I leave her, she doesn't want to go to anyone else---she didn't do that much before. BUT when Tabitha comes home she is a complete and utter wreck! She whines, has tantrums, eating issues resurface....you get the picture. So....what is all of this rambling about? I guess it's my way of working things out in my head.
Pray for Tabitha and me to get through this latest change in our lives. We'll get through this by the love of God.
Tips for the best relationships
1 year ago







0 comments:
Post a Comment