Sunday, June 29, 2008

What's a mother to do....

Remember back in one of my posts in April, I made a comment about being called to the principal's office when Tabitha starts school. Well, it's actually sort of started now in daycare. Two days in a row on her daily "progress" report, there has been a notation that Tabitha bit another student. The first time she bit, it was provoked, the other child had pulled Tabitha's hair. The second time though there was NO mention as to whether the biting incident had been provoked or not. Tabitha as of late has taken to slapping at the dogs, mom, dad, granny, etc... if they "disagree" with what she is doing or tell her no. The dogs obviously don't talk, they just happen to get in her way. I'm at wits end and am not really sure what I should do or if I should do anything. Right now she gets a time out. I'm not sure she really understands what that is about though. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Andrea W. said...

We are very familiar with the "Bite notes" from daycare....we just consider biting part of daycare survival skills

Gail said...

I do home daycare and agree that biting and hitting go along with it. What I don't understand is why these places send home notes. What do they want the parents to do? We just deal with this in the daycare.
Hang in there. She'll outgrow it soon.
Gail