Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hot, Hot, Hot!

We went to the beach last Thursday for a mini vacation--long weekend is more like it. I had all of these plans to take tons of pictures, but being the spacey mom that I am of late, I forgot to take the camera down to the beach with us. The weekend actually was a little difficult for Tabitha I think. Oh I think that she had fun playing in the sand and water, but her schedule was all out of kilter. She went back into her "I'm not going to eat ANYTHING mode" for the time that we were gone. She didn't want to eat anything, even things that I know she loves, while we were gone. She didn't really want to drink much either. I'm not sure what her problem was, if her routine was not the same as home or if she had a little tummy bug. She "threw up" a couple times, nothing big, more like she made herself gag and then threw up and she had a really yucky diaper on Friday while we were there and she's had a couple more since we got home. I wouldn't say that she had diarrhea,because she's only had 3 total of these "yucky" diapers...but something was definitely bothering her. She also WHINED the entire weekend....if I was ever going to take up drinking that whine could certainly drive me to it!

Maybe it's the weather. South Carolina has been hotter than normal these past couple of weeks. I mean, it's just June 10th and we've had 2 weeks of 95+ temperatures with some of the days over 100! I'm not talking about the heat indexes either, I'm talking actual temperatures. The heat indexes have been in the 110's! I actually found myself questioning which I find worse: cold with snow and ice that we indured when we lived up north, or this heat! It's still up for grabs; I don't like driving on snow and ice, but in the cold you can put on MORE clothes.....in the heat, let's say that I definitely cannot wear LESS clothes....it wouldn't be pretty!
Here's a picture that we did manage to take from the week end, it is Tabitha and I in the pool. She did love the pool, Daddy and she had a great time splashing! Hope you enjoy it! Yes, that's me hiding behind Tabitha in her little pool floaty. I DO NOT like my picture being taken, especially not of me in a swim suit!

0 comments: