Monday, February 18, 2008

Decisions, Decisions!

Well, Daddy took Tabitha to the pediatrician today for her follow up. She was cleared to go back to daycare since she's been fever free for several days. Tabitha still has a runny nose and a terrible cough though. I picked her up from daycare today and now find myself questioning why I ever chose this daycare. Tabitha actually started crying and quickly crawling toward me when I went to pick her up today. She was so pathetic. She obviously did not want to be there.
I discovered that my hunches were correct about the daycare worker having the flu also. I found out today that she also missed the whole week last week because she was off with the flu. You know they strongly encourage healthcare workers, and people who work with children and the elderly to get a flu shot. This person did NOT have a flu shot---surprise, surprise and apparently thought nothing of coming to work that Friday, the 8th, sick and exposing EVERYONE to her germs!
Tabitha of course, did not take a nap today, they said "she screamed, so we just let her sit up" and she ate virtually nothing and drank very little. I'm starting to wonder, is it really worth the money that I'm paying them. Yes, I got credit of half the tuition that I paid last week toward this week's tuition, but that is $75 I paid last week in essense and she wasn't even there! Plus, she got the flu, so there's the money for the pediatrician, and the prescriptions, and the days off of work that I had to take without pay, and the days off that Tim had to take....well you get the picture, it's expensive. BUT what is more expensive than all of that stuff is the emotional distress that it has been placed on Tabitha. So we as a family sat down and discussed this problem tonight. We came to the conclusion that we will keep her here for now, and start looking at some other daycare centers, and talk to the current one about her attending only half time. I'm not sure that they will let us send her half time (they don't make as much money) or not. But Tim is suppose to call and discuss it with the director of the daycare tomorrow. We'll see.

1 comments:

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

Oh No... How Terrible To Come In and Bring All Her Sickie To The Children. I Completely Understand How Difficult It Is When Your Litle One Is In A Place All Day They Don't Want To Be... I Will Be Praying For God To Give You Direction...
God Bless-
Julie