Tuesday, July 3, 2007

PA has been granted!!

Today is now officially a good day once again for me. You see, we received PA today!!!!For us in this adoption process PA (pre-approval)is a very important step. It means that the US Embassy will give us a VISA to bring our little girl home when the time comes. That time now will be dependant upon the Guatemalan Court system (PGN as we call it). In order to "graduate" out of the PGN, you MUST have the PA. It's an agreement that the Guatemalan government has with the US Embassy. You see the Guatemalan side doesn't want to get all their stuff done and give you ok to adopt unless they know that the US will allow you to bring your child home. It would be awful for the Guatemalan side to give their OK and then the US say no. So, you must have PA to get out of PGN.
You may be wondering why I said today is a good day once again....I told you all in one of my first blogs, that I was a widow when Tim and I met. Well, July 3,1996 is the day that I became a widow. Until today, this day has been a rather sad day for me. Now I have something happy to remember it by!!! Praise be to God!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

CONGRATULATIONS on getting PA!! I pray you are in PGN soon and your stay is a short one. Tabitha needs to come home to her mommy and daddy.

God Bless,
Kelly
ourjourneytojoshua.blogspot.com

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

Becky~
It is funny how God knows just when we need something... like turning this day into one full of smiles when in the past it has been a day of tears. An awesome reminder of God's perfect plan. I am so happy for you and Tim and I pray that you are soon in PGN!
God Bless~
Julie