Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Oh no, here we go again....!

You notice that since Tabitha had her ear tubes done in May, I haven't really written about her being sick--probably because she hasn't been. Oh she's had a few runny noses and a bout of the 24 stomach bug, but nothing really big to say. Well that phase of life all ended Sunday. She had this cough that she's had off and on for a few weeks and I thought nothing of it. I put her down for her nap Sunday, all fine and well. She woke up with a fever--mind you Tabitha never does anything half way, no, she had a fever of 104.1! So Tim and I were off to the urgent care with her. Fortunately we didn't have to wait long, the Dr. saw her, said that it was "viral" a URI (upper respiratory infection), give her Tylenol and/or Motrin for fever reduction and let it run it's course. Well, I know my baby and she doesn't just run a 104 temperature for a little "viral URI". So I did give her Tylenol alternating with Motrin through out the night and got up Monday morning and promptly called the pediatrician's office. I took her and found out that she has pneumonia!! I mean I knew she was sick, but I was not expecting to hear that she had pneumonia. I was expecting an ear infection, strep throat, but not pneumonia. She had to have one of those painful Rocephin shots in her little leg and now is on Biaxin--which by the way, tastes like c---! and has a terrible after taste---but I do manage to get her to take it without too much hassle. She's going back to the pediatrician in the morning for a follow up visit. She seems to feel a little better--a little more playful today, but you can tell that she just really doesn't feel too good. She was such a brave little trooper during the blood test to check her blood count, they pricked her finger, she didn't cry but was quite curious as to what the nurse was doing with that little tube sucking up the little blood drops. I stayed home Monday and Tuesday, Daddy has the rest of the week. It was SO hard to go to work and leave her this morning. I mean I know that Tim is quite capable of taking care of her, but I wanted to be with her. I did resist the temptation to call home every 30 minutes though and only called twice....but I did come home for lunch though! Pray for us that we get some encouraging news at the Dr. tomorrow. I hate seeing my little baby sick!

2 comments:

Gail said...

Oh, I hope poor Tabitha is better soon. I'll be praying for her.
Gail

Anonymous said...

Poor baby!! I hope she is feeling better soon!