In the previous post I told about visiting Tim's family on Thursday and Friday. I didn't mention that part of that time was spent rather somberly visiting Tim's mother and youngest sister's graves--Tim's mom past away in 2006 and his sister in 2004.
Saturday we travelled back to the Chicago suburbs. I lived in Chicago for 19 years. I went to nursing school and worked as a nurse during my time there. I still have my late husband's family (who still consider me as part of the family) living there. We visited Saturday with his sister Jeanne, his mother Angie, Jeanne's husband Archie, and Jeanne's son Jay and his wife April. A special guest appearance was made by my newest little great nephew, Andrew---he slept during the entire visit! I enjoyed seeing them all very much! We were going to go to the Lincoln Park zoo after our lunch with Jeanne and the family, (we actually drove over into the city), but by the time we got through all of the downtown traffic and up to the zoo, the zoo was only going to be open for 15 more minutes!! Since it cost $20 to park!!!!---we decided to fore go the zoo. AW WWW!
Sunday we drove over to the North side suburbs to visit my longtime friend Carrie. We met her up at her sister's house. Her sister has a couple of kids and as an added bonus, Carrie's parents were there visiting from New York. It was great to see them all. Tabitha had a great time playing with the kids and "adopted" their big yellow lab as her own. (Picture of them together is in the "friends" post)
We also met some cousins of mine on Saturday, but unfortunately I was not able to get any pictures of it---I exhausted the battery on the camera and we forgot to bring the spare!
Monday we headed back to South Carolina. The trip was short but very enjoyable and we're glad that everyone finally got to meet Tabitha!
Jeanne & Tabitha "playing"
April & me
"Come on Goldie, let's go play"
Me, Carrie (back to us), and Arlene
Carrie & me
Tabitha & Goldie "hangin' out"--look how dirty Tabitha got playing!! She had a ball!
Tips for the best relationships
1 year ago







1 comments:
I like the pic of her with the dog the best. I love DIRTY kids!!! So innocent and adorable!
Post a Comment