Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Pediatrician visit

Well Tabitha saw her pediatrician today for the first time. The pediatrician said that Tabitha is right on target for her developmental and language skills! She did voice concern about her wt. gain or lack of in Guatemala. She said that since we have gotten Tabitha 2 months ago she has definitely done well. She weighed 17lb 2ounces today. That is a weight gain of 3 lbs 5 ounces since we have had her! Yeah!!! The pediatrician did say that she would have called Tabitha failure to thrive in Guatemala, since she didn't gain but a few ounces in 3 months. SO, I wasn't so paranoid for being concerned about her weight! I was starting to begin to feel like I was crazy for being so upset about her size and my feeling the need to go to Guatemala early. BUT....I wasn't! I wasn't so concerned that she's small, because I do realize that babies from Guatemala are smaller than babies from the U.S. as much as I was concerned about her weight staying the same--she wasn't gaining wt.! Miss Tabitha is also now 28 1/8 inches tall. She was only 27 inches at her last pediatrician visit in Guatemala. Miss Tabitha did really well at the Dr. considering she had to get 3 shots! Ouch! Poor baby!

1 comments:

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

Oh... I am so sorry you had to get shots... no fun ! BUT happy you are gainging weight and thriving in your loving Mommy's care !
God Bless-
Julie