Monday, May 28, 2007

Bitter Sweet--Last day with Tabitha


Time seemed to move so slowly before we went to visit Tabitha. Now we were here and it seemed to fly by! Saturday--this was our last day with her. We knew that at around 5pm we'd have to meet the foster mom again, only this time to give Tabitha back to her. Although she was almost 3 hours late in bringing her to us, foster mom was very prompt today. She came to the hotel alone (no interpreter) only she and her little son who appeared to be about 5 years old. She seemed a little uncomfortable with the whole situation. I had to get someone from the hotel desk to interpret for us. I had a whole bag of things, actually 2 bags; clothing--dresses, sleepers, t-shirts, socks, shoes, hair bobbles, left over diapers, another can of formula, a little Teddy bear blanket. Plus, a gift for foster mom. I think placing Tabitha back in foster mom's arms was one of the hardest things that I've had to do. I sobbed, tears flowed freely from both my and Tim's eyes. Foster mom did tell us (through the interpretor) not to worry, she'd take good care of her. She then gave me a hug and left.
It was so so hard to give her back. I just want her to be home with us forever. We took almost 100 digital pictures, plus 4 rolls to be developed and an hour of video. It will have to get us through until she comes home. I am so glad though that we made this trip, the time that we spent with her can never be taken away.
"Dear dear Lord, thank you for giving us 3 wonderful days with Tabitha. She is so sweet and so precious; you certainly made one beautiful little girl for us. Please Lord, keep her safe, and let the timeline that you have chosen for her to be ours forever, be a speedy one. Amen."

2 comments:

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

I know how hard that good-bye was for you...and I pray that God will fill your heart with peace and that you will find comfort in the memories you have made. Praying Tabitha is home soon !
God Bless~
Julie

Kelly said...

While I sit and read this my HEART goes out to you. Leaving is a VERY difficult thing to do. Praying GOD grants you peace and Tabitha is home FOREVER with you VERY soon.

God Bless,
Kelly