We had our referral, POA papers came, we signed them, had them notarized and sent them merrily off to CCI. It was now February 7th. We still hadn't received our I-171H. Everyday, I would anxiously await the arrival of the mail. Days past, then another week, still no I-171H, without it, we could go no further. Yes, we had our referral, but we couldn't proceed with the process in Guatemala. I felt like we'd never get DNA done, and it would end up taking forever to get her home. Finally, I e-mailed Tammy and pleaded is there anything that we can do to speed up this process of getting the I-171H. She made a call to DHEC (they are in charge of adoptions in South Carolina). She discovered that DHEC still hadn't sent out our approved Home Study to Homeland Security. That was the hold up. Immigration had to have that. Tammy said that the lady on the phone was very nice, but seemed very overwhelmed. She promised Tammy that it would be in the mail that day.
February 19th, immigration called my house. Unfortunately I wasn't there, but my mother was. She spoke to the lady who said that they had just received the stuff from DHEC, but they couldn't find the ok on the fingerprints for my mother. Fortunately my mother was able to explain that she had never received her official letter to be fingerprinted like Tim and I had, but the people in Charleston created a document and fingerprinted her the same day that Tim and I were printed. The lady was looking through the computer system, she just didn't see it. Mom then told her that they had her name down as her maiden name and gave the lady both her maiden and married name. Ah hah, there it was, she found it. She said to my mother, "well they have been approved." I waited 4 more long days for that little piece of paper. Finally! February 23rd, it came.
Tips for the best relationships
1 year ago







0 comments:
Post a Comment