Well, I made it through the rest of the week. Boy, traveling really makes me tired! The flight was the easy part, the 9 hour drive is what killed me. To make matters worse, I had what seems like a mild cold--it's really not much now. So, there were only 4 days to work this week. Everyone at work was excited to see new pictures of Tabitha. I only took 96 digital photos, 3 rolls of regular film and an hour of video. Everyone commented on her hair, how cute she was, etc. BUT, if one more person asks me "So when do you get to bring her home? How come it takes so long?" I think I will scream! I know they mean well, but it is just so frustrating trying to explain to people why things take so long---especially when I have the same questions myself!
I miss my baby girl, but I know that God is watching over her and she has a great foster mom. I am so glad that I did visit her. I'm not sure that I'll be able to do it again before time for her to come home--it is expensive, we need to pay for the rest of the adoption and I want to save some vacation time at work to have to spend with her after she comes home forever. I unfortunately have to keep working, 2 salaries are quite necessary for us to continue to pay our bills. So....life goes on.
Tips for the best relationships
1 year ago







1 comments:
We are praying for you all. It is hard waiting for your child to come home and, though most people mean well and are just asking 'when will she be home', it hurts your heart to have to say, 'I don't know but hopefully soon'. I was in your shoes not long ago, but believe me, once little Tabitha comes home, you will forget all about the wait. God bless you.
Prayers,
Gina, Mommy to Lucas
CCI Family
Post a Comment