Yikes, I've let yet another month go by without making one single post! Yes, I've been busy, but actually the truth is I haven't even thought about posting! I've posted plenty of pictures to my Facebook page, but haven't taken the time or even thought about what to post on here! I guess I'll start by playing a little catch up!
At the end of February, we took a much over due vacation. We usually don't do our big vacation until May and go to Myrtle Beach, but we decided last year, that we would take Tabi to Disney this year. After all, she's 4 now and can appreciate Disney. So, we set off for Florida on a Sunday after morning church services. We live about a 7 hour car drive from Orlando, but decided to stop in St. Augustine, Florida and spend the night. Tim is a history lover (was a history major and now works in a museum), and honestly I'm starting to enjoy it too! Besides, St. Augustine is on the ocean, Orlando isn't, and I'm one who thinks that no vacation is complete without a trip to the beach!
St. Augustine is known for Ponce de Leon, the explorer, and The Fountain of Youth. There is a spring on the grounds at the Fountain of Youth, and they give you a sample of the water. First thing I noticed was it smelled like rotten eggs. The taste wasn't much better! My comment to the tour guide, was "uh, it's very sulphery"....Tabi was much more direct: "Mommy, I don't like it! It tastes yukky!"
Fountain of Youth
Next we went to the Fort Castillo de San Marcos. I had no clue about this, of course 'Historian Tim' did! Read about it here.
Fort Castillo de San Marcos
Tips for the best relationships
1 year ago







1 comments:
what a fun vacation! I've been to St. Augustine and it is beautiful there. your girlie is growing!
Post a Comment