Friday, May 8, 2009

FFF "Mommy"

This week's Favorite Friday Foto theme is "Mommy". I suppose there are many ways to interpret this theme, but I am a sentimental softy. My "Mommy" and I have been close my entire life. I was always a "Mommy's Girl". So part of my post this week is in honor of my "Mommy". The other part is me being a "Mommy".
To me, nothing says "Mommy" more than a mother holding her baby.

This first picture is of my Mommy holding me, I was all of 8 weeks old!



The second photo is of Mommy and me for my 1st Christmas.


This picture is from our visit trip, May 2007. My heart was totally "in love" at this point


I love the way she studies my face


My Mommy holding My Baby


Finally a poem that sums up all my mushy feelings!

Mommy's Heart
You little one are mommy's heart
I knew it right from the start
the way you hold my finger tight,
when we're alone late at night.
When I cradle you in my arms
you smile and show all your charms.
Then you drift off to sleep
sometimes I can’t help but weep,
how lucky I have become
to actually be the chosen one.
To have and hold a child like you
now life seems to good to be true.
So I look up at the sky so blue
and thank the heavens for giving me you!


If you'd like to see how others interpreted this week's theme, check out Sarah's blog here.

Happy Mother's Day!!!

9 comments:

The Flores Family(Maria, Jose and Jose Luis) said...

precious! Have a wonderful mother's day.

Hannah said...

Great pictures...love the poem. Have a wonderful Mothers day!

Carr Family said...

Happy, happy Mother's Day. What a beautiful tribute to your mom and your daughter. Enjoy your weekend!

Love,
Amy

Vanessa said...

Wishing you a Very Happy Mother's Day!

nora said...

Lovely pictures - three generations of loving!

Happy MOther's Day!

Gail said...

Love the pictures!! Especially love the look in Tabitha's eyes as she looks at you.
Happy Mothers' Day!!

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Beautiful pictures!
Happy Mothers Day!

Kim & Dave said...

What a great poem! Yes, those "mommy moments" are pricless, aren't they!?

Dea said...

Lovely pictures and a beautiful poem! Happy Mothers day!