We arrived home at around 12:05 a.m. Actually our flight arrived Atlanta around 6 p.m., but after arriving and going through customs and immigration--which was relatively easy--we had to send our luggage from the international terminal to the main terminal. Well one piece of our luggage got separated from the rest, so we had to wait an hour for it to come. Then we had to wait for the shuttle to take us to the Holiday Inn to pick up our car. Atlanta is about a 3 hour drive to Columbia.
Tabitha cried quite a bit on the drive home. She did not like the car seat! First of all, she was very tired and really wanted to sleep; well, she doesn't like to sleep on her back. She also does not like to be restrained. Of course that is exactly what a car seat does--restrains her. She just wanted us to take her out of that seat and hold her! She couldn't understand why we wouldn't either! But she did finally nod off and slept a good part of the ride home.
The dogs scared her when she first met them. You have to understand that for the past 3 years, the dogs have been our babies. They couldn't understand why they couldn't jump up in our laps while we were holding the baby. Poor Ralph, he wants to like her, but he's not sure "what" she is. He kept sniffing her and running into her room to sniff her through the crib. We finally had to close the door to her room. She slept pretty good, whimpered a few times during the night, but didn't have a wailing fit for the most part. She didn't keep me awake, Ralph did! He kept whining and sniffing at her room's door. I sure hope that he gets use to her soon!
I'll try to post as many pictures of our trip as I can. Please keep checking back frequently as I'm sure I'll have plenty of updates and pictures to see. Also, look at our previous posts that were done while we were in Guatemala. I have FINALLY added the pictures that belong with those posts, I've even included a few more new posts!
Tips for the best relationships
1 year ago







3 comments:
WELCOME HOME MISS. TABITHA!!!
Becky,
I am SO happy for you and your family. Miss. Tabitha is an absolute doll. Have a GREAT time being mommy and daddy to this little princesa.
God Bless,
Kelly
Welcome Home!!!!! I am so glad you are finally back home save and sound. I love the pictures, especially embassy day of Tabitha in her pretty dress and hat!! Too cute.
I can't wait to see more pictures.
Sharon, Bill and Olivia
What great pics!! Tabitha is a doll!! Congratulations and welcome home!!
Robyn
Post a Comment